Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Twigs and Blooms

I realized that I don't have that much non-pink printed dresses. The ones I made last January for the Runway doll meet were sold to friends. So I took some time to make a couple JUST for myself.

I wanted refreshing colors of blue and green. I don't hate pink but I felt it can be done in moderation. I wanted the dresses to look simple and open to mix-and-match possibilities. Add a jacket or shrug, a new skirt or a pair of leggings and these dresses will look differently.


I call the floral dress as "Blooms" and the other one as "Twigs". Blooms has a neckline designed to show some cleavage. Twigs is actually inspired by Mod fashion, something Twiggy would wear, minus the loose fit. Here they are on Lea and Midge with some simple styling with the help of the Barbie basics fashion pack.

2 comments:

Ardent Collector said...

Wow! I love the floral dress! Great outdoor shots.

Niel Camhalla said...

Thanks! I love the floral print, too. I like it so much, I made other dresses from the same fabric for my big headed dolls.