Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Therese Von Furstenberg

I just love the wrap dress on the Diane Von Furstenberg Barbie. Knowing how low my chances are of getting one so I decided to just make one for myself. All I need is a fabric with an interesting print. I had the fabric for some time now but I've been putting off the work since I wasn't as comfortable making the sleeves and collar.

I was getting my groove, so to speak, when I made the rainbow dresses specially the rainbow blouse. After I finished that, I felt more competent in doing this little wrap dress. This dress has no hooks or snaps. It is closed by tying the sash around the waist.

On the side, I was also practicing repainting again. I went through my box of Barbie heads to check if I'm inspired to give one a make-over. That's when I saw the head from the Native American Barbie, a Teresa mold.

I have always wanted a Teresa head with a sophisticated make-up like the 1st Barbie Basics model 11 but I wanted one with long black hair so both versions Teresa from the Basic line wasn't that appealing to me. After finishing repainting I already knew who is going to wear the new wrap dress.


I untied her braids and retained the waves on her hair. I felt she's more sultry that way. I was lucky to have a fashion pack from Liv dolls having an interesting necklace with a peacock motif and I thought it matches her dress. The bag is also from the same Liv fashion pack. The shoes is from a Barbie Basics fashion pack.


I named the doll as Therese Tulis. She's just pretending she's a Von Furstenberg. Come to think of it, she is probably the only doll I have that has a surname!

Want to see more dolly fashion? Visit here:

http://dolldelusions.blogspot.com/search/label/fashion

10 comments:

Ms. Leo said...

WOW! You did a really great job of creating a Diane Von Furstenberg inspired doll! I love her make and the wave in her hair. The dress is fantastic! Mattel would be in envy.

Miss_Lola_77 said...

Awesome! Any chance of a pattern?

Frannie said...

Great job. I am loving the dress and the whole look!

Niel Camhalla said...

Thanks ladies! :)

@Mis Lola, I'd like to share but I'm having problems with my scanner. Taking pictures of the pattern just won't work. Sorry...

D7ana said...

Therese Tulis looks great in your wrap dress. I love the blue-green-black-white stripes and the bold contrast of the turquoise accessories. That necklace is especially cool. (Gotta find one ;-D - thanks for sharing the photos.)

Fitted wrap dresses look great - shame Mattel didn't continue the Barbie Basics with that theme. Wonder if I have a pattern for a wrap top and dress ... sure I had one a long time ago, back in the 1970s. What did I do with my patterns?

Thanks for yet another lovely fashion and more of your inspiring photos. I love your photos within a photo and your backgrounds and posings.

Niel Camhalla said...

Thanks for the comment Dana. The necklace is really cute. It one of the reasons why I got the fashion pack. :)

I'm too lazy uploading many photos so I resorted to collages with the help of Picasa. Hehehe.

Vanessa said...

How beautiful. I am a fan of the wrap dress. It's so sophisticated. I love the Theresa mold, too. That is one mold that I have a hard time giving away. The necklace is perfect.

Miss_Lola_77 said...

Totally OT, but I've always remembered your search for smiling asian dolls, and today I saw one on flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64602080@N03/6007142547/in/faves-66155235@N07/

if link doesn't work, it's a Jem brand "starlight girl" named Banee, apparently. Big smile!

james said...

nice work I wish I could sew..love your blog!

Niel Camhalla said...

Thanks Van. Wrap dresses have become a staple in women's wardrobe, I think and should be in our dollies wardrobe as well. :)

Thanks for the link MS Lola. I appreciate it. :)

Thanks James and welcome to the blog world! :)