Thursday, September 29, 2011

Little Pullip Swan

She is my first (and probably only) Pullip. Got her through Joan. It's really great to have fellow doll collectors willing to help you to get the doll you fancy! I was checking ebay for some but the shipping fee instantly doubles the cost so I don't buy online unless I'm "highly motivated".


Dressed in a ballerina outfit with a feathered headdress, Swan Lake has got to be the inspiration for this doll. Unlike regular sized Pullip dolls, little Pullip dolls have limited articulation but that is not gonna stop me from posing her as if she's really dancing ballet, is it?


I mentioned in earlier entries that, to me, these big headed dolls, with their eyes wide open, have a sense of child-like innocence not common in Barbie dolls. That's their appeal to me. Although regular Pullip has a big head and wide eyes, I don't think she's that innocent (by that I mean young or child-like) with her womanly curves.  (That is why I'm only interested in the mini version.) The curves are also reflected in the little version (as shown in the photo below) but it is easy to hide those with loose fitting clothes (it's quite difficult to make fitted clothes for their size).



One good thing about little Pullip is that she can be re-wigged and the eye chips can be replaced. I already like her purple eyes. Once I figure how to carefully remove her glued wig, I'm gonna make her another wig in either black or dark brown.

4 comments:

D7ana said...

The Pullip doll is cute, but do I see a mini Blythe?

No, still not thinking about getting one. No, no, no. I will NOT be conquered by CUTENESS.

The Pullip dolls don't evoke the same shudder factor that the regular-sized Blythes do.

Niel Camhalla said...

I think it's good that you know how to resist temptation. I've been working on that lately. It's one important trait a "GOOD" collector should have in order to sustain the hobby, don't you think? :)

TM said...

Life's too short for doll resistance! Heehee! Sorry, that was my evil side talking.....Cute Pullip! Not really a big fan of Pullip but the minis are too damn cute!

Niel Camhalla said...

Having to miss out on a lot of dolls, I know what you mean! If we wait, it could be more difficult for us to get a certain doll. The trick, I guess, is to balance the resistance and the impulse. :)