Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Secondaries

For the longest time, I've been planning to make gowns representing the colors of the rainbow but then I realized I'm not so much of a gown person. Then I planned to make Filipiniana dresses still representing the colors or the rainbow. I got stuck at violet since I wanted it to be more complicated but it was more than I could handle. Plus, they are still gowns.

There was also a time when I wanted to make dresses of different colors for Superstar/Shani bodies. I didn't even have that large variety of dolls with that body back then. Who would wear them?


Ladies' Drink

Now I'm here again planning to do that Rainbow Collection, this time on model muse dolls. Since I don't have that much time these days, my mom helps a lot. She did most of the work for these 3 new dresses. I only did most of the finishing touches.


So far I only have the secondary colors of orange, green and violet and I like how they turned out so far. The green dress will be repaired since I find the skirt too revealing.



The next color should be yellow. The challenge is to do it right the first time since I don't have that much yellow fabric. the design can't be too complicated either but it can't be too plain. You know that feeling when a lot of things can go wrong and you just want to stop? That's what I feel about yellow now.


Want to see more dolly fashion? Visit here:

http://dolldelusions.blogspot.com/search/label/fashion

6 comments:

corsetkitten (aka Erica) said...

The gowns/dresses look great so far!
One idea for your yellow dress might be to use less of the fabric and choose a design than you can intersperse with some trim or something (this isn't the best example--but there IS black trim sewn on and there is no fabric behind it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/corsetkitten/5111532487/ )

I think it's pretty obvious that when you get through your next set of gowns you need to arrange all your girls like they are in a party scene! :)

Niel Camhalla said...

Thanks Erica. I already have a rough idea but I'm sure to try yours in case my idea don't work out. :)

Ms. Leo said...

Lovely dresses! I really like the green and it is only revealing because of the bent leg. I would love to see more!

Niel Camhalla said...

Thanks Ms Leo. I have repaired the green dress. I added another layer of fabric to slightly lower the slit which landed on the front of the skirt before. The doll above was posed to cover that flaw. :)

I'll try to post another set of pics once the collection is finished. :)

Vanessa said...

Somehow I thought I was following your blog for some time now. It turns out I only had a few of your posts marked as favorites. I am excited to see your new creations. I have been trying to will myself to design some originals for my dolls. Even going so far as to watch 7 seasons of Project Runway, back to back over the past couple of months. Hasn't happened yet. Can't find the time. Meanwhile, I will enjoy seeing your designs. I may even try to get in the mood by attempting a few of the patterns you posted.

Niel Camhalla said...

Thanks Van! Wait, how do you mark some posts as favorite? I have some favorite blog entries of others as well and when I go back to view them again, I had to search for it. :)