Friday, November 5, 2010

Aliesha Grows Up


It has been a while since I saw the BFC Ink dolls on local toy shelves but they don't seem to get sold. I always have wanted to buy one but only for the head. I was thinking of transferring it to a Barbie body. I specially like that they have square jaws unlike typical Barbie dolls and friends. I also like the flip flops although it won't work for Barbie's arched feet. I didn't like that their heads are too big for their original bodies which is typical for MGA dolls. I wasn't going to pay full price for a doll that I only partially like. I waited for the price to be marked down.


The long wait is over. They have slashed the price to half (at Toy Kingdom), so I bought two (Aliesha and Calista). I proceeded with my original plans and saw that Aliesha was gorgeous as a grown woman. I still don't know what to do with Calista so she stays in the box. As for Aliesha's original body, my decapitated Skipper found some use for it.




I must say that I really like a doll when lend itself to other possibilities!

8 comments:

Alrunia said...

Grown up Aliesha is gorgeous :D

D7ana said...

Aliesha looks great. She reminds me of some Kayla/Leas.

Super Cool Doll House said...

you have a good eye! is Skipper's hair original? The other half isn't familiar with a dark hair skipper.

Niel Camhalla said...

@Alrunia, yes she is. :)

@Dana, I didn't realized that. That's why maybe I like her because she resembles some Lea/Kayla. :)

@Mark, Thanks! The Skipper used to be blond but she had a badly cut hair so I decided to cut it all off and let her wear a wig in the photo above. :)

El Gato Negro said...

Niel this is Eli from the PNN meeting. I was able to switch the heads w/o pouring hot water on the head. Yey! But Aliesha's head is doing a bobble-head imitation because I wasn't able to screw in on the doll body all that good. But I love it. Thanks for the idea and the tips. I'll bring her on the next meeting.

Niel Camhalla said...

Hi Eli! You just need to push the head down the neck further to make it fit nicely. If it goes all the way down to neck just pull it back up until it feels secure. It won't easily come off. :)

If it doesn't work, bring it next time and I'll fix it. :)

smidge girl said...

I have an Aleisha I did the same thing to. She really is such a beautiful doll. All the BFC girls have such interesting face sculpts, I think. I am surprised they aren't more popular. But lucky for us, we can get them for cheap! :)

Niel Camhalla said...

I know, right? I was surprised why my friends didn't get them sooner, specially now that they are on sale here. Now they panic buy. LOL. :)